Monday, March 30, 2009

Sweet Flooring and Diggers


Thought I would just post some pics of activities we've done this last month.

Randy took a few days and ripped up the carpet in our dining room, then layed wood laminante flooring through the kitchen, hallways and dining room. It turned out SO WELL! I'm always impressed by his mad skills.

He even did it with Cooper's "help".

Getting close to the finish:

All done with the furniture back! I love my hard-working boys.

Later that same week we took Coop to the John Deer Pavilion in Moline, IL. Nothing is cooler for him right now than "diggers and dump dumps" which means he was in HEAVEN when we saw some life-size equipment AND got to climb inside of it. If you live in the area and haven't taken your kids to this place, YOU NEED to do it. They let you climb around in all kinds of farm equipment and it's FREE.


Cooper cried when we finally left, but we did buy him a new "digger" which made things a little better.

And just a baby update: my doctor decided I've suffered ENOUGH and he's going to induce labor this Wednesday. That's right, April 1st, an April Fool's baby - I'm excited and nervous. I'm a little sad that it won't just be me and my sidekick anymore, but I am TOTALLY ready to not be PREGNANT any longer. My feet are swollen enough that I ALMOST wore flip-flops to church yesterday. The only thing that stopped me was the snow on the ground.

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

The Schroeder Family said...

Good luck! We can't wait to see pictures of the little one! Love the floors!!!

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

How exciting! The flooring looks great. Michael and Grace would both love the John Deer place, we will have to check it out. April fools will be a fun day for you. Grace was a Friday the 13th C-section, I will never forget the "day" she was born. Best of luck and I can't wait to see your sweet baby.

Erica said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you!!! I was going to call you today to see what the doctor said, but good to know that Dr. Hunter had pitty on you. I hope that your mom gets to come out soon. Please let me know if you need anything.
We are totally going to have to take the boys to that John Deere place. They would be in heaven!

Hillary said...

The floor looks great! Cooper looks like he was a great help. I bet he was in heaven with the tractor. Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you. Can't wait to see pictures! Happy April Fool's Day!

heidijogoody said...

The floor looks great! And good luck tomorrow can't wait to see pictures of the new little sweetie

Drake Family said...

I saw Randy's comment on FB but thought it was just an April Fool's joke until I just read this post. I bet you are so excited to not be pregnant anymore! I had the same swollen foot ("cankle") problems at the end of my pregnancy with Jaden. It's no fun!! Congrats and best of luck to adjusting!
P.S. The floors look great!!

KT Bundy said...

Congrats. I hope all goes well. I'm jealous! I still get to go through the hot summer! Nice floor by the way!