Friday, March 13, 2009

Making the Cut

I finally DID IT!

When my sweet mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer last year I, like I'm sure everyone else in the family, felt helpless as to what I could do for her. When she underwent chemo and lost her hair she bought the COOLEST wig to wear. Through the whole orderal she has been the positive one and has had the best attitude, teaching us all how to cope with hardship. I'm happy to say she is doing well and just the other day was able to ditch the wig. I've been growing my hair to donate it in her honor and FINALLY made the cut this week. I ended up donating a little over 10 inches.
Here are a few pics to enjoy and Bonnie - this cut is for you:

My new do (and 35 week pregnant belly):

If you're thinking of cutting your hair, it only takes 8 inches to make a donation through Pantene Beautiful Lengths (click on link to find out more) and could mean SO MUCH to someone in need of a wig.

LOVE YOU, BONNIE! I couldn't have asked for a better 2nd mom.

7 comments:

heidijogoody said...

You look so great and for what a great cause! I wish my hair would grow that long.

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

You have such beautiful hair! I donated to Locks of Love a couple months after I had Grace, I often think of growing it out again but, then get sick of having long hair. You look great! The count down is on! How is everything going?

[S Rizzle] said...

Cute, where did you get it cut? I love it!

Erica said...

I think the cut looks great! You're so sweet to donate it. If my hair actually grew, people probably wouldn't want it anyways! Love it!

KT Bundy said...

Love the new hair do, and the belly! Madison grew her hair out a couple of years ago and donated it. She ended up donating 12 inches!!

Jessie Riley said...

CUTE. CUTE!
Aspen did this in December.
It's AWESOME that you have someone that you did it in honor of!

Hillary said...

What a great thing to do. I love your new hair cut, you look great!