Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Just a #... Right?

Hooray for me - I turned 30 on Monday. I feel like I should have some earth-shattering words of wisdom to share! At least that's what I thought about people this age when I was a kid, or a teenager, or even in my early 20s, that they had it all together and knew everything (and were SOOO old). Now I know the truth, that even at 30 you are still just doing your best, learning something new each day, and not feeling like your age reflects who you are.
I DON'T FEEL OLD.
I do feel like I have more confidence than I did in my 20s, I'm not self-conscious about my looks or what others think about me... which is why I told Randy we had to find a karaoke bar so I could sing my heart out to celebrate. And, being the good sport that he is, that's just what we did. Here is Regan, Heather D., Heather C., me, Katie & Jen at the karaoke bar:

I think the best part of the night was when Randy and Jon sang "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot. Or maybe when some random guy hopped on stage to help (unsolicited) Randy sing "Low Places". So for all of you who missed it, we'll have to go again as soon as I feel up to getting out after the baby arrives.

I figured out how to do video on my new camera - Randy taught Cooper how to say "happy birthday, mommy".


4 comments:

[S Rizzle] said...

Where did u go? I have been wondering where to go for that fine sport!

Natalie Daines said...

Happy Birthday, Amy. Regan was telling me about that party...sounded like so much fun! What a kick! I laughed just imagining them up on stage singing!

heidijogoody said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a good one!

Drake Family said...

Happy late B-day! You make turning 30 sound so cool...I have been dreading it! Looks like you had a great time. Cute new "do" too!