Friday, January 16, 2009

Visitors... and Trauma

We were IN LUCK to have my Mom and Dad come out to visit us for a long weekend this month! We kept telling them how cold it was and of course, in true Iowa fashion, it was actually in the 30s during their stay. (Now it has plummeted to -40, a record low this week.) I think we need them back to warm our place up a bit!
Cooper is a TRUE grandpa's boy. The morning after my parents left he kept asking for him and I'd say that grandpa had to go back to Utah, so now he says, "Grandpa... Utah". Yes sweetie, many good things are in Utah.
I just LOVE this picture of Cooper and my mom at Texas Roadhouse (yum) while we wait for our food:
Thanks to Mom and Dad for braving the elements to come and visit. We can't wait for you to come again once I DELIVER! (almost 28 weeks along - hooray).
And I have to give a SHOUT OUT to my long lost husband who started his TRAUMA (drama) rotation which will last through February (arg). This is a common scene at our house after he rolls in late and needs to prep for the next day of surgery. I can't complain because at least he comes home in a good mood from cutting people open all day, even if we DO only manage a few sentences between us before he has passed out on the couch - but I'm still NOT COMPLAINING :)




6 comments:

Jenn S said...

That is the sweetest picture of Cooper alongside his dad. Sorry about the trauma rotation....that's yucky. Some day it will all be worth it, right????

Erica said...

I agree, there are many good things in Utah! So fun to have parents here. We have to have babies just to get them back out here!

heidijogoody said...

I bet it was so fun to have your parents there for a weekend but probably hard to see them go. I love that picture of Cooper playing by his daddy while he is working it is just so cute. I hope you are doing well these days.

The Judds said...

At least your husband doesn't want to do trauma his WHOLE life!!!

Cameron and Nonie said...

Hey beautiful! I just found your blog and thought I'd tell you I was peeking. Your family is so cute! I'm so glad things are going well for you, and can't wait to see what else you are up too. Come over and visit us. cameronnoniefam.blogspot.com

mandy said...

Oh my, I can SO relate to the trauma drama. Christian's famous line is, "I'm just going to sit down for five minutes. . ." He's out within seconds. His other famous line is, "How come you didn't wake me up to help you put the kids in bed?" Yeah right!

Hope you're doing well--you look great! We've been meaning to call and check in with you guys. We've been thinking about you a lot. :)