Monday, January 26, 2009

random January

Hi all - I have an update that our BABY GIRL is doing GREAT! She's 3 lbs. today with all fingers, toes, working organs, etc. I couldn't be happier. I'm measuring big but after another ultrasound the cause is isolated to the 2nd baby and not additional complications.
Despite my intense desire to work off the pounds I am packing, I am vigilantly WALKING on the treadmill and taking it easy. Thanks to EVERYONE for your words of encouragement and comfort. I can't tell you how great of an asset all my friends and family have been. Here's a little belly progress...
And on to some random shots of January...

Cooper started "music time with Nancy" which I thought he would LOVE because he can't get enough music/singing/dancing. Turns out he is as shy as his Dad when it comes to "performing" in front of large crowds. Only when offered instruments or streamers did he leave the comfort of Mommy's lap.


And, yes, it is COLD in Iowa. But that doesn't mean we can't BUNDLE up and sled outside for 5-10 minutes at a time. Seriously, that's long enough because Coop can't handle more than that outside. We bought a little sled for him and decided to SHOW him how it worked.

We sled down a TINY hill in front of our house and into the pond. Randy decided to push Cooper and I down but when we reached the bottom the snow was SO deep that we had to lay there until Randy came and carried us BOTH back up.

Here's another random shot of my big helper in the kitchen. It makes me think of the pictures where you circle all the items that don't belong:

And finally... we went to a U of Iowa Gymnastics Meet last weekend. Cooper chased the mascot around - thinking he was sooo cool - and watched all the routines until he couldn't handle any more excitement and passed out.

Hope you're all doing well and staying WARM.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Look at that belly.. so cute! The girls take dance that they started in October and it has taken them until now to even want to do the class without me right by their side!

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

Amy, I don't know if you remember me but, I wanted to leave a comment so I am not just stalking your blog anymore. It seemed like we were always in the nursing lounge together on Sunday's. I can't believe your little boy is getting so big and that you are having another. You look so great!

Hillary said...

Gosh I miss that kid. Glad to hear eveything is going well, and love the belly. Don't worry, you'll have all that extra weight gone one week after you deliver!!!!