Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas and a Cow

I know what you're thinking, what does a COW have to do with Christmas! Well this year we were invited to spend Christmas Eve with the Mckay Family and, as tradition in their home, all the kids dress up and "act out" the Nativity. I totally spaced my assignment and didn't bring a shepherd costume for Cooper, but my friend Holly had a cow suit that he was more than happy to try out - I'm SURE they had cows somewhere around the manger.
It was a crammed house as we all ate, laughed, and remembered the Savior this time of year. I took an aerial view of the scene, but this picture doesn't do it justice as to how many people attended:
A quick pic of all the ladies in the house:
And we're off to CHRISTMAS MORNING!! It was heavenly to wake up in our own bed and not have to worry about traveling in the weather, but of course FAMILY - we missed you.
Cooper was looking out the window for Santa:
Then we moved on to the real fun - the PRESENTS! I love that opening his stocking alone entertained him for a good 1/2 hour.

Cooper had to READ every book that was openend before we could move on:

And then we made Randy pose in his SWEET apron his sister, Jane made him, it says "what's up doc" all over with a picture of Bugs Bunny. He'll sport this at our BBQs this summer:

And then the climax, a TRAIN SET for the boys. It's REALLY just for Cooper but I think Randy has more fun with it than he does.

Randy even made me take a picture of the train table perfectly assembled before Cooper had time to destroy it:

But the BEST part for me came later in the day when Randy asked me to take Cooper off his hands because he kept pulling apart the train tracks when he was trying to assemble something cool (let's keep it mind WHO is under the age of 2, sometime I wonder).
We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!




5 comments:

Hillary said...

What fun! You have the cutest cow in your family I have ever seen! It is nice to stay home for Christmas, but it is hard to not spend it with family. Glad you enjoyed it. By the way...love the apron, Randy!

heidijogoody said...

cooper sure makes a cute little cow. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful christmas. As hard as I am sure it was to be away from family I am sure you were so glad to not have to worry about traveling with all the christmas stuff

Cicely said...

I love that Cooper had to read all of his books first. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. We miss you guys.

[S Rizzle] said...

I better get to come over fro some grillin'!

KT Bundy said...

I'm glad you guys had a good christmas. We missed being able to see you this year. Tell Randy he looked good in his apron!