Monday, December 22, 2008

Sad News

As some of you already know, we found out that we lost one of the twins about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I've been a little sad so I didn't want to blog about it until I felt better. The doctor doesn't know what happened because both girls looked perfect on the ultrasound 2 weeks prior. I want to say how thankful I am for a kind, compassionate doctor who let me cry on his shoulder until Randy arrived; for a caring husband who dropped everything to be with me; and for wonderful friends and family who went out of their way to make certain I would be ok. It's hard to be sad when you feel the love of those around you and your Heavenly Father's protection.
We still have a healthy baby girl on the way who I am anxious to meet and so overjoyed to still be blessed with carrying.

Lots of love to everyone!


8 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh Amy I am so sorry to hear this but so glad to know that at least you have one healthy baby girl that hung in there even when her sister didn't. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Lainee said...

I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. We will be thinking and praying for you.

Jessie Riley said...

I've been thinking of you and praying for your little family.

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this!
-Jess

Unknown said...

Amy and Randy and Cooper~
I am sorry to hear about the lose of your little girl. You'll be in our prayers and thoughts. I am so sorry you're family has to grow through this difficult trial. How blessed to have the knowledge you do that you'll be able to have this little one for eternity.

Erin said...

My heart skipped a beat when I read that! Words do not even cover how much my heart hurts for you. Although I can't possibly understand- I have experienced something similar and if you ever want to talk, vent, yell (whatever) please call me or email me! I am so sorry. I am sorry for all of you and this huge loss. We love you!

Unknown said...

Cole and I were both so sad to read this post. Life seems so unfair at times, but Heavenly Father must have needed your little girl's help up in heaven. We will keep your family in our prayers.

Christy said...

If only you lived closer - I wish I could hug you. Just know that the Thompson clan is thinking about you guys and send our prayers and love to your family. We were so sad to hear the news - but we know that you are moving on with your little girl on the way - you are such a strong person and we all admire you!
After Josh was born and diagnosed one of the nurses told me to let myself mourn for the baby I had lost but rejoice for the baby that I still have. I know they are different situations - but I think it applies! We LOVE you guys and wish you a Happy New Year. Remember we are always here if you need anything!

Cicely said...

Amy, I just read this. I didn't know. You look like you're doing good now. We are always thinking about you guys and wondering how you're doing. We love ya.