Sunday, August 7, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Iowa

We are settled in to our new home in southern California... but I need to post goodbyes from our home for the last FIVE YEARS in beautiful Iowa.

Goodbye to my AWESOME preschool co-op for the last 2 years. It was fun to watch each of your children learn and grow - and teach Cooper as well. He keeps saying how he wants to do "Mommy's preschool" again.
Such a happy kid:

Goodbye to camping at Sugar Bottom with the BUGS and the HEAT - these boys (Randy & Jon) had to get one last camp in before we left. I came to visit them around 8:30pm and was SWEATING even after the sun went down. I lasted 15 minutes before I said goodbye and went home to shower and sleep like a sane person.

Goodbye to Wisconsin Dells. Four hours away we took one last trip with good friends, the Boyers, this Spring. Despite Randy's look in this picture HE was the one who pushed for this trip and he had FUN.

Goodbye to T-Ball with all of Cooper's buddies. I think Cooper was the BEST outfield dirt-digger in the group. He said he loved it and when I asked him why he told me, "because of the treats!" Kid knows what he likes.

Goodbye to swimming lessons with Becky. Cooper's turned in to quite the swimmer! He doesn't like water slides but will jump in to any pool... no matter how deep. (Don't know if that's a GOOD thing.)

Goodbye to HERKIE - our kids' favorite mascot.

Goodbye to lots of FRIENDS who made Iowa such a great place to live! Here are just a few of my favorite girls I laughed with, cried with, helped me become a better mom with, loved spending time with and if you're NOT pictured here... it's only because I have minimal pictures saved on my computer (since the move) right now.

Goodbye to our sweet neighbor, "Grandpa Frank". Cooper and Caroline keep asking when he is going to come and visit or if we can go to his house. Such a good neighbor - we will miss you.

Lots more goodbyes to a wonderful FIVE years that went by too fast (in retrospect).
Caroline in the GREEN grass I will miss terribly.

Had to add this one just for laughs. Randy teases me that I should shave instead of wax - never going to happen, even if you've convinced CJ it is fun (razor was removed for this activity).

Our LARGE moving truck before it was filled... but that is another post. GOODBYE IOWA!

5 comments:

The Judds said...

you mean no pictures of the Judds!!!! Just kidding! Miss you guys!

Jcplowman said...

Oh my goodness. What an ode to Iowa! Looking at those photos makes me miss it all too and I didn't really even know it. What strong ties you had and so many good friends. I'm sure you'll make many more friends and have a wonderful time in CA too. We're all excited to visit you and go to Disneyland when the opportunity presents itself.

Unknown said...

Welcome back to So. Cali! Where do you live? Maybe I should continue reading your blog for more info . . . . Good luck in the next chapter of your life. Hoping someday our paths will cross again. :)

heidijogoody said...

Looks like you are leaving such a great place and lots of good friends and memories. Good luck with your new adventures in California

Hillary said...

Saying goodbye is always hard, but look at all the great memories! Good luck in sunny California!