Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What to do in IOWA for fun...

WELOME to the SOLON BEEF DAYS. Of course, we HAD to attend the festivities. Anything with BEEF in the title sounds like fun, right?? Randy entered the Haybale throwing contest for a whopping 5 buckaroos. I bragged that I would enter for the WOMEN but glad I didn't once I saw the guns on those girls. I would have been HUMILIATED. They started the men out at 7' and increased in increments of 6". I must say, Randy still has some STRENGTH from his football days! He threw clear up to 10'6"!! I didn't realize I had my camera on me until his last throw:

The winner threw an astounding 12'6", a new record. If you know Randy's competitive nature, don't be surprised if you see us practicing in the backyard for next year. Jon and Theo were great to console him after his loss.

3 comments:

The Judds said...

He sure as heck did better than Kyle, I probable could have.

Jessie Riley said...

Darci... so mean! ;)
This seriously looks like fun. I'm bummed that we've NEVER been!

Jenn S said...

Okay..you guys crack me up! I just wish I had footage of YOU throwin' a bale! Go Randy!